2 Cents Blog and Review

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Seeking Beta Reader - Experience not necessary but preferred...

Greetings Loved Ones!

I am currently seeking talented beta readers. I write M/M Erotic Paranormal Romances, so be aware that there will be adult content. A prior knowledge of my writing is a plus.
Excellence in English and Microsoft word a plus. Ability to spot repeat word usage, plot holes, independent body movement and give useful critique a must.
Must be willing to take a quick exam to demonstrate your skill level.
Must be able to respond to emails and return edited documents within an allotted time frame as I am working with publishers and I do have deadlines to meet as well. I am willing to make adjustments if you let me know that you are unavailable during certain times… vacations, family events, emergencies… we all have lives.
This is not a paid position. I do acknowledge my beta readers, giving them as much or little credit for their assistance as they would like. Some have chosen not to have their name in the acknowledgements and others like having their name in print. This is completely up to you.
I work very closely with my beta readers so expect to go back and forth over critical points. This position is a good one if you have aspirations of being an editor. It gives you the opportunity to hone your skills as well as getting your name out there. But experience is not necessary, just helpful. J
If you wish to apply, download the Beta_test_document.docx17.9 KB and go through it. This is a sample of a rough draft, similar to what I would be sending you. You may have to click "Enable Editing" at the top of the page. Leave the “Track Changes” button on under the review tab in Microsoft Word, so I can see the corrections you are suggesting. This lets me see what errors you find and any added critique of the pages you insert using the “New Comment” buttons or at the end of the document. Email me the corrected draft and your information… Name, contact information, abilities and/or education and schedule requirements. I will get back to you within a week or two with my decision.

Send your response to:  sui.d.lynn@gmail.com
In the subject line please put: BETA APPLICATION

This will assure that I get your application as quickly as possible.
Thank you for your interest and I hope to hear from you soon.
Sui Lynn~~

No comments:

Post a Comment