2 Cents Blog and Review

Monday, May 28, 2012

Greetings Kool Queer Lit Readers,

Thank you for having me at Kool Queer Lit.com!

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm Sui Lynn and I'm happy to be here celebrating Man Love month at Kool Queer Lit. I don't mind telling you that I truly love men. The tall, dark and handsome, strong, silent and brooding, short, blond and fun-loving... it really doesn't matter the stereotypical or the odd man out, makes no difference to me. They all have deserve to have love in their lives, no matter how tormented their past or how perfect their childhoods.

I've been asked why I write M/M. And to be honest it's simply because I enjoy M/M fiction.

I've been writing for myself for years. Mainly as a way to express the emotions in my life. Not that the stories I wrote reflected in any way to my life or had any of the people in my life, in the stories. I read and write for relaxation and stress relief. Other people may play racquetball or do needle point. I make up imaginary characters and write down whatever they tell me about their lives.

The infatuation with M/M stories is a more recent development. An artist friend introduced me to Anime and I discovered Yaoi. From there, I discovered M/M romance. I began to tell my friend about what I was reading and we got into a discussion... the usual discussion of whether a female writer could truly write male love. Next thing I knew we had a bet between the two of us, she saying I couldn't and I saying I could. Heck if Stephen King can write Horror without being being bars for having to act them out first before he could know the mind of his killers, I could write gay fantasy romance. About six months later, I submitted my first story and Blue Rose was published with Dreamspinner Press. Since then, many characters have been gracing the pages of my rough drafts, flash fictions and actual published works.  And I love all the new men in my imaginary life.

I've got to tell you all it's been a pretty busy the last several months for me and I've had a couple of recent releases through Silver Publishing, my most recent being Nico's Fire released on May 12.

It's the Second book in the Elements of Love series and I think it's really quite good even though I must admit Jude ended up being a bit different than I'd first expected him to. That's the funny thing about writing in the way I do. The characters whisper and I write. Often what I first envision of them is something completely different after the are done telling me their stories. This story was a bit like that. I'm really excited about it and I can't wait to hear your comments.

I have begun the next book in this series. It will be titled Gabe's Song. It will be the story of the Water Elemental. I'm really liking the way this story is shaping up. It will be a bit different from the previous two in the instant "mate" relationship is not present, at least not nearly as instantly recognizable as it is with Nico and Adel. This series is taking me on a definite ride and I have to admit I'm really enjoying it.

As for Works in Progress.

I have a number of things that are in the works. I have a cowboy/contemporary story I'm currently working on which I haven't titled yet. There are a number of possibilities floating around in my mind but nothing is really sticking, which is strange for me. Often I have the title of the story within the first few paragraphs, sometimes I have the title before I even start the story. The work is about half way through and I expect it to be ready for submission sometime next year.

I'm still working on Cougar Creek B&B - Cat in the Company of Wolves. This will be a shifter story that has the potential of being a series, but I haven't gotten that far yet. The first book is about halfway completed and I'm hoping to have it ready for submission the early part of next year.

Some of you may have seen Hand of Death. It began as a flash fiction on my blog and it's since become something that I want to expand to a full story, also on my to do list for next year's release.

There's also the next book in the Changing Moon series. I would be keeping an eye out for that one as well. Royal Bind is already scheduled for September and the third book will be coming out next year.

People ask if I know how many books will be in a series when I write them. That's a hard thing to answer because as long as the characters are talking, I'll write them. For instance in the Elements of Love series, I know there will be at least 5 books. One for each element and maybe ... just maybe something for a loved supporting character here and there. For Changing Moon, there will be at least 5 to 7 depending on the characters and the story line.

I've been asked where the idea's come from... My characters come from a number of places. Sometimes it's a photograph, or a place that triggers a character. Sometimes it's a job I see someone doing and a character is born. Sometimes it's something from my own life that triggers a character, something as simple as the memory of the texture of a blanket or how coffee tasted the first time I drank it. Simple reactions and feelings that make up our lives can trigger the creation of a character who may never be more than a supporting character or might be the first in a series.

In the meantime... I hope you all enjoy my stories and I'm always looking forward to hearing from you.
   

  

For those of you wanting a sample of Nico's Fire, or any of my books, you can find them on my blog http://suidlynn.blogspot.com/ where you'll find synopsis of each book and an excerpt. You can also find them at the publisher, by clicking on the cover of each book above.

Wishing you Love and Butterflies,

Sui Lynn~~

No comments:

Post a Comment