2 Cents Blog and Review

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Review: Ervin's Dilemma


Ervin's Dilemma
Ervin's Dilemma by Stephani Hecht

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This is the first book in a new series for this author and although the ground work was done in her "Lost Shifter" series, there is a lot of potential as I've always wondered about Chris's pack and I hope to learn the differences between being part of the pack vs being part of the cat coalition.

The story between Ervin and his half wolf/half human mate Miles, although very similar to a lot of stories available on the market was pretty good. The characters, though stereotypical were well rounded enough that I was able to care about them. The love story was sweet but not over done. I'm hoping that there will be more to this as this first book really doesn't lead anywhere. There's no big story line, no major problems left open, so I'm not sure where this author is going with this series.

I normally really like this author's work, but this really came off as a cookie cutter story with very few if any original elements. I hope that the next story will lead to a more original and better thought out story line.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment