2 Cents Blog and Review

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Review: Esau


Esau
Esau by Bailey Bradford

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



I don't know how many times I've said this about this series and I find it incredibly frustrating. The sex is over the top. Every time you turn around the characters are humping. This book was a bit of a turn off even further as the characters were having sex in their complete animal forms. Let me say this, I'm all for a sex scene or two, maybe a hand job or a blow job mixed in but this is excessive. I'm not talking short romantic interlude here, but extensive in depth sex over and over.

There was hardly any story here. Don't get me wrong, the story line that was present was touching, but it was extremely hard to finish this book. I got to the point where I was flipping pages, skipping over the sex. I'd flip a couple of pages and read a bit... nope still at it and flip a couple more, waiting for the story to pick back up and then get disgusted when I'd only have a couple paragraphs of story before they were off fucking again.

Seriously too much sex and not enough story. The only thing that kept this from being a 1 star was the little bits of story that was here was good. But this is turning into a series of sexual encounters for characters and no real progress with the story line. It almost felt like the series should have ended with the last book when the main bad guy was killed. But she had a couple of loose ends so... lets through together another story just to tie up them up, but there really wasn't enough to make it a full novel so just fill in the word count with sex.

Not sure if I even want to pick up the next one... if there is another one. The author has introduced a number of interesting side characters who could have their own stories told. But if the main story line doesn't get more attention than the sexual escapades I will not be wasting my time.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment