2 Cents Blog and Review

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop


Greetings Loved ones!

Welcome to The Next Big Thing Blog Hop! This blog hop has been going on for some time and I am coming in at the end of it. Many great writers have already participated and I felt it was time to join the fray. This hop is designed to showcase an author's next big thing. Well as many of you know I've got couple of different pans in the fire right now.  So without further ado I'm going to jump right into the questions.

What is the working title of your book?

Right now I have a few that I am working on. I have the 3rd book in the Elements of Love series which is entitled "Gabe's Song". I also have the 3rd book in the Changing Moon series which has a working title of "Blood Ties". There are also a couple of stories that those of you who read my blog will recognize. I am hoping to have "The Downtown Bus" which was a weekly running blog story completed as a novella and ready to publish in 2013 as well as "The Hand of Death". I am also working on a sci fi/romance entitled "Light in the Dark" which I hope to finish in 2013.

Where did the idea come from for the book?

My ideas come from many places. The Elements of Love story came from my love of Japanese YAOI. "Changing Moon" began in high school and has been evolving slowly ever since. "The Downtown Bus" came from a picture I saw and drew inspiration from. "The Hand of Death" came from the innate struggle between perceived good and evil, yin and yang, opposites attracting. "Light in the Dark" actually came from the title of another story I'd read. The story is completely unrelated but the title sent my mind reeling and this story was where it landed.

What genre does your book fall under?

All of my stories are M/M Romance or Gay Romance as the main theme, but I join that genre with the paranormal, action, horror, sci fi and just about anything else that strikes my fancy. You see, it's all about the story and where the characters lead me. I've learned to really only plan my story lines in the barest of bones in order to keep the facts of the story straight. The rest I leave to the characters to weave as they tell me how their lives and stories came to be.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie?

This is almost an impossible thing for me to imagine. To me my characters are individuals and an actor, even the best actor, will always give their portrayal of your characters as they see them. Which is not wrong, even as readers we all see the characters through our own eyes and experiences. Which is why you often will have people say that a movie was better or worse than the book written by an author. It's all about the portrayal of the characters. It would be a long hard process and would take much deliberation before I could make any real decisions. So I leave it to you... imagine them as you see them in your own minds eye.

What is a one sentence synopsis of your book?

All of my books can be summed up as adventures of and for the heart.

Will your book be self published or represented by an agency?

My current publishers are always given first crack at my books... therefore look for them to be first and foremost with either Silver Publishing or Dreamspinner Press.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

This depends on the manuscript. Elements of Love, the first two books took about 6 to 9 months each. Changing Moon has been a work in progress for years, but it is nearly complete, so no worries. Other stories it really varies depending on what is happening in my life at the time and how driven the characters are to have their story told.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I try not to compare my work with others. Not that I think my work is better or worse. I know I'm a relatively new author and I have a long way to go before I'm proficient at my craft, but I want my style to be my own. With that in mind, I try not to make connections or write to the style of others.

Who or What inspired you to write this book?

I have to say that my high school creative writing teacher, who was also my one time substitute algebra teacher in high school encouraged me to write. I was horrible by any known standard of the written word. He was patient and always had a kind thing to say even when it was obvious he had to really look for it. Thanks Mr Moore and I know I still probably owe you a square pi ... would you like that in lemon meringue or chocolate cream?

What else about your book might interest the reader?
 
I like to think that my books appeal to a wide array of readers. I try to incorporate a bit of suspense, action and character growth to keep things interesting. I also like to mix good and bad, so things that people automatically assume would be good isn't necessarily the way things are. 

As I look around in the world today, that seems to be a theme we see everywhere. Some of our leaders who should be a force for public good seem corrupt  Places that should be safe holds for youth and life are far from it. All we as people can do is make our way through the mine fields of our lives as best we can. If we can grow and learn as individuals along the way, wonderful. If we happen to find the ultimate love of our lives, we must take hold with both hands and refuse to let go for as long as possible to enjoy the little happiness that life offers us. These are things I hope my characters in all their damaged splendor show as they grow and find love in the circumstances of the story they are in. 

I hope that this gives you some insight into my work. Feel free to click on the books listed on the right for more information about my books and links as to where to purchase them. Also, please stop in and read the blogs of my fellow bloggers who are participating in The Next Bit Thing Blog Hop...


Also, stop by and check out Shae Connor's blog next week at shaeconnorwrites.com, the day after Christmas, December 26th. I can hardly wait to see what she has to say! Don't forget to check out her new release with Dreamspinner Press, it's HOT (pun intended)! 

En Fuego by Shae Connor eBook

Wishing you Love and Butterflies,

Sui Lynn~~

No comments:

Post a Comment