2 Cents Blog and Review

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Review: Adam's Unicorn


Adam's Unicorn
Adam's Unicorn by Astrid Cooper

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This has become one of my favorite stories. Not just because as a child I loved unicorns and had them everywhere in my room, but because this story gives a new twist to the mythos about unicorns.

Adam wants the love of his life. His past prevents him from going out and finding it. He's terrified he might just get his dream come true... and then be rejected, again. He impulsively makes a wish on his birthday for that missing love, because who actually gets their wish from blowing out their candles.

This is a story of acceptance and healing, of finding joy and holding on with both hands in the face of danger. This was a wonderfully uplifting story and one that will remain on my keeper shelf, to be enjoyed over and over. Great Job!





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment