2 Cents Blog and Review

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Review: Return to Destiny


Return to Destiny
Return to Destiny by Vona Logan

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I have to say this was one of the best stories I've read in a long time. A fantasy in fairy tale style. A world where true love and time travel allow us to make corrections to lives lived in error and unhappiness. To see miserable characters who know they've mess up and missed their opportunity for true love and yet desire it so much as to be willing to do almost anything to retrieve that chance, to go back and make right what they did wrong. It swept me away.

This was well thought out and well written. Michael is a strong character and his willingness to recognize his own failings and grow beyond them to do what is necessary to make things right drew me in. I love the fact that these characters were flawed. They aren't perfect men with perfect hair and perfect bodies. They are men with issues, pasts that make them who they are. Wade is loving and caring, but a man in a shell. Afraid to make connections because they've gone bad before. Both men grown and evolve to make things right in this story where love conquers all, even time.

This story was heart wrenching and leaves you with the wonderful warm glow at the end. I'd recommend this to anyone who loves a good romance and a fairy tale ending of happily ever after. Well done and I expect more great stories from this author.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment